Thursday, August 1, 2013

Am I Sick?

Day 2 & 3.

So incorporating day two events into today's day three blog, I gotta tell you, yesterday felt a little easier to tackle than day one did. However today, day three, I really don't feel so well. I feel sick. Throat is sore and red, slight headache, and here we go, bowl movements are......not solid. Hey, if I didn't add this stuff in here, you'd be silently asking yourself about it so I'm doing you a favour here in a way. That's why you're here right? To get the inside scope on this smoothie-ing thing.

So I feel sick. But am I really sick?



Let's look at some factors I've researched about this process...

Your body hordes toxins from the foods, chemicals (caffeine, alcohol) we put into it. So having that daily morning coffee in the morning or that evening can of pop at night when caffeine or theobromine gets stored in your tissues. When you detoxify, your tissues puts this stuff into the bloodstream to carry it out. Because your body gets overloaded with toxins, it can't dispose of everything, so it stores it in places.

Because your body expels of more toxins than it stores, it can and will start eliminating those toxins fairly quickly when you begin detoxifying. The downside to this process is you begin to feel sick because the toxins stored are all of the sudden are now in the bloodstream awaiting to be dumped out. Your immune system seems to react to them in the same manner. All in all, this is a natural process and you will get over it.



So, it seems that although I, or you, feel sick when detoxifying, we actually are not. We are on the path to becoming healthier. Stick with what you're doing. The 'sick' moments will pass. Sticking to anything is tough enough, but trying to stay with something that feels like it is making you feel sick is a real challenge. So here I am on day three. I see I am down 1 lb. It's one of many I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment